Camera Image Issue DS-2CD2112-I

Reaction score
Hi there,

First post on the forum!

I'm looking for some advice on a Hikvision camera that looks like it has a fault of some sort.

I've attached an image showing a blue section at the bottom of the screen which flickers on and off during the day, at night (IR) works perfect so I'm not sure if its a lighting issue or a faulty lens.

Has anyone seen this before?

The camera connects to a 7604 NVR with 3 other cameras which all work fine day and night.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is strange... Swap ports on the nvr and see if the problem follows the camera...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI if you want to keep that private you should obscure the host name and port number in the screenshot. Or at the very least change the admin password to something else!!

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I logged in and changed your cam to day mode but it did not make the problem occur, so I don't know what might have caused the corruption. I reset the cam back to scheduled switch like you had it.

I have a 2532 that I noticed would glitch out when I was originally aiming the camera. Like there was a loose connector or something. Maybe if the problem comes back you should open it up and wiggle it some while live viewing and see if it makes any difference.

Reaction score
FYI if you want to keep that private you should obscure the host name and port number in the screenshot. Or at the very least change the admin password to something else!!
Cant believe I didnt notice that! I've had to change the passwords now - wasn't a problem previously until firmware upgrade as now you can web browse to camera through the NVR

I've changed the port on the NVR and its working again for now but I expect the problem will appear again as a reboot was fixing this temporarily.

Thanks

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could just be a loose connector that could have shifted while you had the dome cover off aiming the lens, mounting the camera. If it happens again, I would check all the cable connection points and reseat them.