Camera in status page, but now showing on BI top panel.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have lost the live view of a camera.. there are three, all three show in the status camera list..
Screenshot 2016-09-28 11.15.23.png

running as a service, I have closed and re-opened the viewer
events are still triggering and recording

on camera cycle, when that missing camera should be displayed, the multi-camera view is shown, and the cliplist (in selected camera mode) shows clips for that camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
any debug ideas anyone?
looks like you moved the camera into desktop view..click on the blue iris icons on the bottom you will see it. Right click and move it back to the interface. Then right click and select drag lock so you dont accidentally do it again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Note that "Drag Lock" only appears in the menu when you right click a blank spot between cameras.

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks.. I can repeat your scenario on my system. On the system in question, the missing camera live view window is not visible on the desktop, nor a stacked icon on the task bar.

I do not know how it got into this state.. BI is running as a service on both systems..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is also possible to have a different group than All cameras selected, which can cause some to not appear.

Or a camera can be "hidden" where you need to right click and check "Show hidden cameras"

Or a camera can be disabled where you need to right click and uncheck "Hide disabled cameras"

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks.. not hidden or disabled.. tried all that.. when showing cameras on a cycle, the missing camera is selected, and the clips show for that camera (so I assume that means it is not seen as disabled)..

trying to get back on the system to see camera groups.. but we didn't have any sub groups..

we did not have any sub groups. only the default 'all cameras'

update:

I created a group, and added all the cameras to it.. the missing view is not shown.
if the group ONLY has the missing camera, there is NO camera displayed..

we have not rebooted the system yet

Last edited by a moderator:

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, we rebooted (powered of/on) and the missing camera live view is still not shown

sdetweil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so, I added a new camera at the same ip address as the missing camera, it showed on the BI desktop and suddenly the missing window was there too..!

I checked drag lock and deleted the new camera..