Camera is blinking red light and not initializing

eziorv

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Dahua Imou ranger 2 and it was not updating to the latest firmware so i decided to reset it. but as soon as i reset it, it's not initializing. it just keeps showing blinking red light but does not initialize. I tried changing my IP to 192.168.1.2(as cam's ip is 192.168.1.108) but on Dahua Config Tool it says " Network error, Maybe timeout". don't know what to do next. i can't even find firmware for this camera. anybody pls help.

eziorv

n3wb
Reaction score
What was your "reset" process, include all steps, please.
I held the reset button for good 10 seconds until I hear a beep, then camera shuts off, starts again, does it's rotation test and all and then the red light on the camera, blinks slowly, and doesn't go away no matter what i do. only time it turns to green is when I connect ethernet cable, it says solid green as soon as I connect it with Ethernet and blinks red again if remove the cable. this is the process i followed.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I held the reset button for good 10 seconds until I hear a beep, then camera shuts off, starts again, does it's rotation test and all and then the red light on the camera, blinks slowly, and doesn't go away no matter what i do. only time it turns to green is when I connect ethernet cable, it says solid green as soon as I connect it with Ethernet and blinks red again if remove the cable. this is the process i followed.
Sounds correct, very similar to the Dahua-built Amcrest IP2M-841 reset.
Sorry, but like @samplenhold I cannot help either. All that read about that cam is that it has no embedded webGUI, at least with the f/w most have initially.