Camera Model name DT387G2 and DS-2CD2387G2

exidez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought four Hikvision cameras from eBay knowing all the risks and potential problems that could arise. However, I have just bench tested the camera and surprisingly do not have any issue with it.
The one red flag I noticed was that I had bought the DS-2CD2387G2 (8 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera) but what arrived was a model name of DT387G2. Stickers and front end page settings and even the QR Code all say DT387G2
The firmware that arrived on the camera was V5.7.10. I Suspected that there was something funky going on with a hacked firmware to get this working in my region. So I decided to see what would happen if I upgraded the firmware to the latest V5.7.12 build 221201.

I went on the hikvision website to download the right firmware for DS-2CD2387G2 and installed it. To my surprise, it installed and is running without any issue or modification. The serial number has AAWRL in the name.
Where would this camera be from and what region is "AAWRL"?
Why is is saying DT387G2 ?
and finally, if I have updated the firmware from the hikvision website, is there still a potential that there is a backdoor lurking around? Or am I up-to-date safe?

Thanks

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a DT387G2 as well, so you without any issues were able to Upgrade using the official hikvision firmware?