Camera mount options confusing.

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 8 IPC-HDW2231R-ZS turret cameras to mount. Some will be on walls, other are on ceilings.
I an confused with all of the various mounts being offered such as PFA135, PFA136, PFA137, PFA138, PFA139, etc.. I went over my budget on purchasing the 8 cameras, and NVR5208-8P-4KS2, so I want to try to keep the mount option lower in cost.

Are each of these mounts for a particular camera model? Or do they fit all of the Dahua turret cameras?

Any particular favorites on a particular mount?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Nick

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a link on page of the Cliff Notes that @looney2ns suggested to you last month ==>> here.

Use a PC, not a tablet or a smartphone to view. It's a PDF so you can save to your local PC.

Decide how you want mount (wall, ceiling or both), go to the chart, find your cam on the left, to the right is shown the compatible boxes and or brackets.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 8 IPC-HDW2231R-ZS turret cameras to mount. Some will be on walls, other are on ceilings.
I an confused with all of the various mounts being offered such as PFA135, PFA136, PFA137, PFA138, PFA139, etc.. I went over my budget on purchasing the 8 cameras, and NVR5208-8P-4KS2, so I want to try to keep the mount option lower in cost.

Are each of these mounts for a particular camera model? Or do they fit all of the Dahua turret cameras?

Any particular favorites on a particular mount?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Nick
Hi @Nick70068

Yes, when I was first looking it was a bit confusing with so many options.

Do look in the WTS section - as sometimes members pick up too many junction boxes and then will sell the extras.

Also, do check out TonyR's link - Dahua has a sheet which will show you which junction box / wall mount fits. Think of this like rims for a car.. only some work with your car depending on the lug pattern and measurements.

If you can stuff the cabling connection back into a protected space, you may not need junction boxes / wall mounts.

I think the wall mounts look great by the garage btw.

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tony
Thank you! I did check out the Cliff notes, but didn't see the mount selection pdf.

Mat200,
It looks like these turrets don't have enough space for the RJ45 jack/plug with the plastic protector, plus it doesn't look like turret base is weather proof.

Thanks!
Nick

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tony

I saw that, now I have to decide where I need the PFA130-E. The soffit mount I probably won't need these, but any wall mount I will and some conduit from the junction box to the soffit.

Once again,
Thank you!