camera mounting and positioning advice

Floydie

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys id lke to install some cameras at my house mainly to protect the drive and down to the sides of the house. ive thought about two cameras at each side of the house to cover those areas but then it would mean limited coverage of the path/letterbox.
im not that keen on having an "obvious" camera in the entranceway that would make visitors uneasy...(My wife works from home and gets lots of visitors)
mianly want to have camera coverage to look at anyone trying to access down the sides of the house where my workvan is and then the other side where our backyard is

thinking about IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras as the 4mp might be better to capture the sidewalk faces better?
Will mainly be for night coverage but the street is VERY well lit and and identifying on IR would be close range at 20ish feet if anyone came on to the drive or down the sides of the house...

thoughts and recomendations on this plan?

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys id lke to install some cameras at my house mainly to protect the drive and down to the sides of the house. ive thought about two cameras at each side of the house to cover those areas but then it would mean limited coverage of the path/letterbox.
im not that keen on having an "obvious" camera in the entranceway that would make visitors uneasy...(My wife works from home and gets lots of visitors)
mianly want to have camera coverage to look at anyone trying to access down the sides of the house where my workvan is and then the other side where our backyard is

thinking about IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras as the 4mp might be better to capture the sidewalk faces better?
Will mainly be for night coverage but the street is VERY well lit and and identifying on IR would be close range at 20ish feet if anyone came on to the drive or down the sides of the house...

thoughts and recomendations on this plan?
Welcome @Floydie

That is a well liked model by many members, so imho it would be a good one to pick up and take some time learning with it.

In the USA we get a lot of thieves checking to see if they can break into cars at night as well as package thieves during the day, so I like to have anyone attempting to reach the front door to go through at least 2 camera FOV zones, and have 2 cameras covering the driveway ( one on each side of the garage door ).