Camera mounting box

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received my mini ptz mp2 camera the other day. I need it to sit about 6 or so inches lower on inside roof of my porch. I was thinking maybe make a small box of plywood and one by one or one by 2.

Other option is an electrical box but that might be more than I want to spend

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Whatever you chose, it might be a good idea to paint it white. And make sure it's weather proof.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Whatever you chose, it might be a good idea to paint it white. And make sure it's weather proof.

Yup I will paint it. I am leaning towards the wooden box idea, not worried about weather proofing much since it will be under an enclosed porch and we don't get many hurricanes here. :)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Water does not travel up so you should be good. The only thing to worry about is wind and rain. The smallest amount of water gets in where you mounted the box to the ceiling and than drips downward, is not good for connectors and electronics. I'm a firm believer to install something that has no chance of failing.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shock, for cosmetics, he should get something the same diameter as the PTZ, no?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I prefer these type of boxes for the reason you don't have to drill holes in the back for the mounting screws. Just another hole for water to get into. This box has tabs on the outside to mount it, so once
you put the cover on with the gasket, it's very well sealed.

WPR505.jpg

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Cant fit all the cables a ptz has through that. Plus it would be tok small. Thank yoi though

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well Vec has installed enough to know what fits in the one he posted, so I'll guess you mean the nelly's one is too small. But building your own wood box I would think is the least best looking option.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess it might be this type model

http://nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-ip-cameras/eyesurv-esip-ptzmini-1080p-2-megapixel-high-definition-ip-mini-ptz-zoom-security-camera.html

In which case you could get a pendant mount which might work for you.

http://nellyssecurity.com/mounts-brackets/9-5-extended-pendant-ceiling-mount-for-eyesurv-ptzs.html

That mount would maybe make the need for the cable housing enclosure to be much smaller than a big box.

Oh maybe not though. That pendant doesn't look like it would work if that's your camera.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its.the mini ptz with 3x optical zoom

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm gonna guess it might be this type model

http://nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-ip-cameras/eyesurv-esip-ptzmini-1080p-2-megapixel-high-definition-ip-mini-ptz-zoom-security-camera.html

In which case you could get a pendant mount which might work for you.

http://nellyssecurity.com/mounts-brackets/9-5-extended-pendant-ceiling-mount-for-eyesurv-ptzs.html

That mount would maybe make the need for the cable housing enclosure to be much smaller than a big box.

Oh maybe not though. That pendant doesn't look like it would work if that's your camera.
I dont think that works with mini ptz cameras

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't know what ome is, but that's Dahua and any authorized Dahua dealer should be able to order for you. Why not ask the place you got it from.
That ome means one lol. Ill look and see I may just go with a box for now.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That pole is for a different ptz. The mini does not have a threaded hole, only mounting holes. I have done wall mounts for the mini dome, but you need a wall for that, lol. The gang box I pictured will not
be large enough for the pigtail that comes out of the ptz. I just pictured it as an example of the type of box I like to use.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is what I have done with your camera, the 2mp, 3x mini.

photo-13-1.jpg