Camera Mounting

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and to this whole camera world. I am wondering if anyone has mounted their cameras physically on the corner of their business or house so that the camera covers 270 degrees as opposed to 180 degrees if it is mounted on a wall. I am only dealing with exterior walls here and want to mount mini PTZ cameras on two corners to cover the entire property. I am thinking of making mounts to accomplish this and wondered about the pros and cons. I have a seasonal property that I am less concerned about the bad guys than I am about weather events and keeping an eye on the yard. I have wifi sprinklers and need to be able to better manage them. I have a problem also with people parking on my grass ans I have had someone back into a shed on the driveway and damage it this summer. These are my reason to even go into the security camera game. Thanks for your thoughts.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and to this whole camera world. I am wondering if anyone has mounted their cameras physically on the corner of their business or house so that the camera covers 270 degrees as opposed to 180 degrees if it is mounted on a wall. I am only dealing with exterior walls here and want to mount mini PTZ cameras on two corners to cover the entire property. I am thinking of making mounts to accomplish this and wondered about the pros and cons. I have a seasonal property that I am less concerned about the bad guys than I am about weather events and keeping an eye on the yard. I have wifi sprinklers and need to be able to better manage them. I have a problem also with people parking on my grass ans I have had someone back into a shed on the driveway and damage it this summer. These are my reason to even go into the security camera game. Thanks for your thoughts.
Welcome @fishinforfacts

It is possible to mount on a corner and get 270 degrees of view...

Now, the question is HOW do you want to do that?

1) One PTZ on the corner that you move back and forth? Issue is that you can miss what is going on when the camera is pointed in the wrong direction.
2) One of those specially cameras that cover more than 90 degrees? ( can cost a lot, more than #3 as the specialty cameras can cost a lot if you want enough pixels on target. )
3) Multiple normal FOV cameras.

For most of us, we would pick #3 as it typically gives better results than #1, #2.

wifi sprinklers... hmmm.. interesting..

Last edited:

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. As I said above, I am less concerned about the bad guys that the other issues mentioned above. We happen to live next door to the club house and our yard becomes overflow parking. So most times someone is going in to play bingo or cards and they are in there for about 2 hours. I don't have to have instantaneous capture. We also resodded our yard this spring and because there was a transformer blow in the neighborhood it kick our main breaker so the sprinklers didn't run for about 10 days in 90+ degree weather. The person watching over the proerty and mowing the lawn didn't notice until the yard was turning brown. I'd like to look around and to insure that things are working as they should. I know, no power no cameras. That also tells me that I need to get the breakers checked or the router reset. We have lived there in season for 3 years and there have been no break ins in the community in that time (knock on wood). Being a gated community helps. Thanks again.

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I have gone with Hikvision and I have gone with their wall mount. I have decided not to try to corner mount.