Camera Placement Question (w/ photos)

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to place a Dalhua IPC-K35A in the corner of my living room to where I should have visibility of the front and back door of my house. The corner of the room where I'm wanting to ceiling mount the camera is above my fireplace mantle. However, there is a "can light" about 8" from the wall edge. My gut tells me that when this light is on, it may distort the picture, but I would like to hear some expert advice before I decide against placing the camera in my desired location. I'm wanting to ceiling mount the camera to where it is as close to the wall in the picture (location 1). In short, it will be between the wall and "can light". The camera angle will be slightly down. Am I right in that the light may affect my picture when on? My alternative location will be the left corner of the room corner (location 2). I will lose some sight of my back door in this location, but not a huge issue.

Attachments

COtto1984

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I already have camera and cat6 ready to run. Was just curious if it was even worth my time to drill a hole and test camera in location close to light.