Camera reset activating Dahua motion detection

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up ivs rules/tripwires in my 5442 turrets to eliminate false triggers from tree shadows, but motion detection in the video detection tab keeps reverting back to checked as soon as I save a setting in the blue iris video tab. Anyone seen this? I definitely want to leave this motion setting off, as it constantly triggers.

Tried unchecked the box with chrome AND internet explorer but it keeps rechecking itself. Same with video tamper.

20210529_113846.jpg20210529_114256.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, it is a bug with the current BI version and it checks MD on some Dahua cameras.

You need to go into the Area setting and deselect all of the areas and turn sensitivity to its lowest.

Not an ideal solution but that will keep it from triggering based on MD.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hate to bump a thread that is 2 years old.. but this issue seems to persist for me - does anybody know if this was fixed? I will deploy the above fix in the meantime, perhaps this bug resurfaced?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the times I have helped folks out here it still seems to be a bug for some people, especially on the PTZs. The hack I mention above seems to be the best work-around at the moment.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From the times I have helped folks out here it still seems to be a bug for some people, especially on the PTZs. The hack I mention above seems to be the best work-around at the moment.
Got it, yep this is a PTZ! Your fix worked, thank you!