camera sensitivity adjustment

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a bunch of now defunct Q-See cameras and associated software. There are older and newer cameras, but all of them give me the same problem. They record activity almost continuously. I suspect that the matter is common to various cameras and would appreciate if people share their success in setting up sensitivity for the cameras, using their software, so that they ignore running water in the pool waterfall or constantly moving tree branches and leaves, but focus only on real objects of interest to a security camera - people or cars. Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It comes down to a specific camera and the platform you are recording to.

Many cameras have built in AI and that pretty much eliminates false triggers.

Dahua cameras for example have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection and IVS rules where you can set min target sizes for triggering. Many of them also have built in AI.

Same with Hikvision.

Blue Iris has Deepstack AI integration to eliminate false triggers.

Many NVRs have AI to eliminate false triggers.

You can mask off certain areas to eliminate false triggers.

Lastly, your Q-See cameras and NVR are more than likely Dahua rebranded and although Q-See may now be defunct, the units are certainly not useless:

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
It comes down to a specific camera and the platform you are recording to.

Many cameras have built in AI and that pretty much eliminates false triggers.

Dahua cameras for example have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection and IVS rules where you can set min target sizes for triggering. Many of them also have built in AI.

Same with Hikvision.

Blue Iris has Deepstack AI integration to eliminate false triggers.

Many NVRs have AI to eliminate false triggers.

You can mask off certain areas to eliminate false triggers.

Lastly, your Q-See cameras and NVR are more than likely Dahua rebranded and although Q-See may now be defunct, the units are certainly not useless:

Thanks, and you are correct that at least some of my cameras are Dahua rebranded. ANd the original software is very much a replica of Dahua software. But besides selecting a region, that should help some, I do not see any options within the software to play with object sizes and other things that are utilizing AI. Is there another software that can enable these smart features for my NVR and cameras?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are stuck with the software (firmware) from within the NVR and cameras, although sometimes firmware updates add new features.

Other than that, you would have to switch to Blue Iris or another NVR system that is capable of what you want, but keep in mind that with NVRs, best practice is to match brand of camera with NVR to ensure full compatibility. ONVIF compliant should help for mix-match, but no manufacturer will guarantee full functionality.