Camera Setting Advice

youscott

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the T5442TM-AS 2.8MM these cameras have factory default settings.

1. I'm looking for recommended settings to change or the settings you always change from default.

2. I'm getting too much light from the wall/brick. Is there a setting that will fix this or do I need to change the angel of the camera to get less wall?

3. Do you guys leave recording on 24/7 or just on motion? Or does it just depend on the location of the camera

Thanks

Attachments

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should also consider flipping the camera 90 degrees. 2.8mm is probably too wide for that area, but if you flip, you will avoid more of the brick and still be able to cover that whole area you want to see, but you might get some sky view that you don't need. If you do this, I would put the IR lights away from the wall so that you can minimize the IR reflection (since you can rotate the camera either way). Not the same camera model, but attached is my side camera image from my varifocal (zoomed in).

I would record 24/7 unless hard disk space is a major concern. You can reduce file size by lowering your FPS and making other adjustments if needed.

IMG_6339.jpegIMG_6340.jpeg

youscott

n3wb
Reaction score
You should also consider flipping the camera 90 degrees. 2.8mm is probably too wide for that area, but if you flip, you will avoid more of the brick and still be able to cover that whole area you want to see, but you might get some sky view that you don't need. If you do this, I would put the IR lights away from the wall so that you can minimize the IR reflection (since you can rotate the camera either way). Not the same camera model, but attached is my side camera image from my varifocal (zoomed in).

I would record 24/7 unless hard disk space is a major concern. You can reduce file size by lowering your FPS and making other adjustments if needed.

View attachment 54403View attachment 54404

Good idea! Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Until you get it aimed away from the wall to get rid of the reflection not much will help with settings.

Generally Auto during the day and start at 1/60 exposure at night