Camera settings

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've installed 3 out of my 6 cams and am now playing around with BI settings to get them configured. Attached are 3 pics from the respective cameras. I've turned off the infrared on the garage left cam and the picture seems pretty reasonable. The garage right cam isn't very good due to the street light. I've turned off IR on that cam too. The front door cam has IR on and also seems to be pretty reasonable.

What can I do to improve the picture quality on all 3 cams. Would an IR illuminator above the garage door eliminate the glare caused by the street light and improve the picture of the right cam? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
still images always look good. get some video of someone walking by on the sidewalk, around the cars and up to your doorway.
Would you be able to ID someone you don't know at night? or do you just get blurred features?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your front door camera is mounter to high. The garage cameras may be mounted to high.

the test get a friend with a hoodie, baseball cap and sun glass on and have him, check your car door and the house front door, if you can not identify hi, then tha cameras are to hight. What are you trying to do see what happened or who did it?

Post video of the test.