Camera sharing accross NVRs

Zhikov

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I've been lurking this forum for a while now and it has helped me in the past but I've recently hit a brick wall and dont know how to get around it.

The issue I have is that I'm clueless when it comes to port forwarding and what I wanna do might require that. I have a setup of a NVR (lets call it NVR 1) with 20 cameras away from my home (it has 2 LANs). One of them is configured with a public IP address, so I can access it from everywhere while the other has a private IP address so that it can enter the network of the local cameras connected to it and monitor them)

Now all that worked flawlessly, until I bought a H265 camera (8MP). The problem with it is that NVR 1 does not support H265 compression and I could only get the camera to open up @ 6MP, H264. That required me to buy a H265 NVR (lets call it NVR 2) that I've currently setup at my home.

What I want to know if I can even do is if I can send the stream of that H265 camera to my locally configured NVR 2 (it also has 2 LANs) while keeping the H265 camera with a private address, and keeping it connected to NVR 1. I got hinted that this might require additional port forwarding done in the camera settings and then specifying that 192.168.X.X:YYYY address for NVR 2. But the problem is I do not know how to do that and if it's even possible.

Currently, the only way I could see me doing that is through the NAT option, but I can't find the right stuff to read on the internet and simply can't help myself.

Zhikov

n3wb
Reaction score
I could always just give the H265 camera a public address from my ISP and connect it to both NVRs but I wanna see if I can do it the hard way so I can teach myself how to do it. So basically, I'd like to keep that option last if possible