Camera Status Red Text (No Signal) When Hardware Accelerated Decode is On But Only At Night

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought a new LPR camera (IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E), which I got installed a few days ago. All my cameras are set to are set to "Intel" for Hardware accelerated decode. With the Z12E, during the day it acts fine with these settings. At night, I noticed that there is a yellow icon at the top camera bar and if I go to the Status page, the Z12E camera has red text and a bunch of NoSignal counts. As soon set H.A.D. to "No" the status goes back to normal. Any ideas what is happening here?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my LPR and in my case running with the fast shutter at night the image is completely black except for when a car goes by and I see head/tailights and plate, so it is considering the black screen as a signal loss - either turning Watchdog off or unchecking the interpret monochome as loss of signal should take care of it.

You probably are not really having loss of signal, it is just being interpreted as that.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my LPR and in my case running with the fast shutter at night the image is completely black except for when a car goes by and I see head/tailights and plate, so it is considering the black screen as a signal loss - either turning Watchdog off or unchecking the interpret monochome as loss of signal should take care of it.

You probably are not really having loss of signal, it is just being interpreted as that.
Thanks @wittaj, that makes sense!

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually thinking about this again. I wonder why turning off Hardware Acc Decode made any difference at all...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the Hardware Acc Decode uses a different algorithm?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
th the Z12E, during the day it acts fine with these settings. At night, I noticed that there is a yellow icon at the top camera bar and if I go to the Status page, the Z12E camera has red text and a bunch of NoSignal counts. As soon set H.A.D. to "No" the status goes back to normal. Any ideas what is happening here?
When my LPR was black at night it was also coming back in logs as no signal. So What I did was went under watch dog and uncheck the "Interpret Monochrome video as loss of signal" for my LPR I have two one for front plate and one for back. After this it was no longer an issue even at night. Hope this helps

1607888887519.png