Camera stopped working

Tomale

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR with 5 Hikvision cameras.

3 are connected directly to the NVR and 2 are connected via a PoE switch that connects to the NVR.

One of the PoE switch cameras stopped working. The PoE port light is off. However, when I disconnect it from the PoE switch and connect it to the NVR, it works. Also, when I connect a spare IP cam to the PoE switch, it works.

I can't isolate the problem. What could be the problem? Thanks.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How long did you leave the spare camera connected to the port? Is it the same wattage as the one giving you problems? Did you swap ports for the two POE switch cameras? There could be a problem with the POE port that is heat related so it involves both wattage and time.

Tomale

n3wb
Reaction score
How long did you leave the spare camera connected to the port? Is it the same wattage as the one giving you problems? Did you swap ports for the two POE switch cameras? There could be a problem with the POE port that is heat related so it involves both wattage and time.
I don't know the wattages but I'll investigate it. One is a Hikvision bullet and the other a Huisun mini PTZ. I tested the working PoE switch cam on all ports and the non-working PoE switch camera on all ports. I left them connected for at least 5 minutes for each test. Thanks.