Camera suddenly stops working?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys-
Have a Hikvision Dome Camera. It's been setup and working great for about 8mo now. All of a sudden, I get a black screen and this error in iVMS-4200:

Live View Failed. Error Code 24. The Channel is unavailable.

All my other cameras are working and functioning fine. I've searched this, and other forums, but not finding a solution. Any ideas on how to get it working again?

I would check my browser portal- but can't get my login/password to work, need to search the forum to figure out how to reset that, too... :(

Thanks in advance!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Dumb question, for which apologies - have you power-cycled the camera?
Although they can run for many months with no glitches, sometimes a freeze occurs that the watchdog doesn't deal with.

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, first I've heard of it. How do I do that???

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just unplug and plug again the power supply or the ethernet cable if you're using POE.

But you can access the camera through the web browser or the problem is only on iVMS?

eyal8r

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So this is odd. I rebooted my computer AGAIN today- right before I went to power cycle the camera- and now it's working! I had re-booted a few times prior, with no go... but now it's working??? Not complaining, just thought that it's a little weird. Thanks for the help tho!