Camera type? with ethernet connection inside camera body??

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am new. What I am seeking is a model of IP camera which has the ethernet POE connection inside the camera. 10 years ago we installed GeoVision, I thought they had a design where you could run ethernet cable
thru a small hole in the wall and then attach the plug, then it plugged into a port inside the camera.
What I am trying to do is find a good camera that doesn't have the three lines (ethernet, audio, power) dangling on the cord.

Thanks. I have a lot to learn, and couldn't find any topic/posts on this subject.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am new. What I am seeking is a model of IP camera which has the ethernet POE connection inside the camera. 10 years ago we installed GeoVision, I thought they had a design where you could run ethernet cable
thru a small hole in the wall and then attach the plug, then it plugged into a port inside the camera.
What I am trying to do is find a good camera that doesn't have the three lines (ethernet, audio, power) dangling on the cord.

Thanks. I have a lot to learn, and couldn't find any topic/posts on this subject.
There are some dahua/hik domes that do this, usually the higher models. Domes bring much bigger IR reflection issues. Just use the junction box made for the camera.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are some dahua/hik domes that do this, usually the higher models. Domes bring much bigger IR reflection issues. Just use the junction box made for the camera.
Thanks. I am likely going to use bullet style, and was considering the Annke NC800.... but it's a guess on my part. Some people I know running home systems use a mix, Hikvision and Dahu cameras. I just
was looking to avoid drilling large holes in the wall of my stucco house.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NC800 – Acme 4K UHD Full Color Night Vision PoE IP Security Camera with f/1.0 Super Aperture

Image Sensor
1/1.2" Progressive Scan CMOS

30% off on annke's website now .. still too dear for me :(

Reaction score
Here are reviews of two cams that seem to fit your requirement.