camera w/ remote viewing

Newbie1

n3wb
Reaction score
hello, I'm new and knwo nothing about hidden camera or anything of the sort.

I suspect my spouse of cheating while I'm away 12-14 hours a day at work. I'm heading out of town for a week of training.

Needing a pin hole camera or something of that nature for remote viewing. We have the internet but not home computer. We both have iPhone 6s+ phones.

What would be my go to. Doesn't have to have the best picture and audio would be great in hopes to catch a name or two.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got no experience with standalone spy cameras but I'd start looking at Nanny cams. They're pretty common now and are available from a bunch of places. You'd want one that records on motion, preferably powered by AC, and wouldn't look out of place in the bedroom. Motion recording would catch everything and you wouldn't have to rely in being lucky on the timing while watching remotely unless the guy spent the whole night or something. Plus, what're you going to do while away on training if you see someone and you don't get a recording because it doesn't record? Even if it does record, are you going to call her up and yell at her? Then she knows there's a camera there that she has to find and destroy. Better off getting evidence and reviewing it after you get home unless you plan on blowing off the week of training in the middle and maybe lose your job as well as your wife. Good luck. Hope it's just your imagination...

Also, if you find something that works well (or doesn't), feel free to post a link here and a review to help others.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hidden cameras almost exclusively come from little untrustworthy brands, unfortunately, and reviews on shopping sites are easily faked. That said, you can get cameras built into clocks or USB chargers and those should not look out of place in a bedroom. I'd lean more toward the USB charger. You can use it to charge your phone a few times and nobody will think anything of it.

Most of these hidden cameras also have wifi built in, and some method of remote viewing for dummies, but you should be aware these devices are a target for hackers. You'll want something with built-in motion detection and recording (probably to a micro SD card?). You can check it when you get home. That is probably better than trying to look in all the time from outside, anyway.

Also there are laws about recording devices in locations where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy (bedrooms certainly count). I don't know how that applies in this case but you should be aware the laws exist.

Newbie1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hidden cameras almost exclusively come from little untrustworthy brands, unfortunately, and reviews on shopping sites are easily faked. That said, you can get cameras built into clocks or USB chargers and those should not look out of place in a bedroom. I'd lean more toward the USB charger. You can use it to charge your phone a few times and nobody will think anything of it.

Most of these hidden cameras also have wifi built in, and some method of remote viewing for dummies, but you should be aware these devices are a target for hackers. You'll want something with built-in motion detection and recording (probably to a micro SD card?). You can check it when you get home. That is probably better than trying to look in all the time from outside, anyway.

Also there are laws about recording devices in locations where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy (bedrooms certainly count). I don't know how that applies in this case but you should be aware the laws exist.
I'm just looking for something to place in the general living area that would obverse the front door and those coming in and out.