Camera with on board LPR

JK200SX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at buying a new camera that is able to door LPR on board rather than relying on software.
I was thinking of buying the HFW7442H-Z4-S2 because I presume it is an LPR upgrade of the popular varifocal B5442 camera, however I can't find it available anywhere, other than at a few sites with ridiculously high prices. Has this camera been superceded by something else that I'm not aware of, or do people use something different for LPR these days that they could recommend?
I've tried using open ALPR, but keep on exceeding the 2500 detection limit for the month some of those detections are coming up as people and other things and haven't been able to figure out how to get it to just trigger from a car. Other than that, I'm not really an expert on figuring out how to setup openalpr so it runs on my pc (yes currently using BI), rather than doing the cloud thing, and I'm not keen on paying a monthly description, for something that I'm just tinkering with.

Thanks for your help in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about something like this:

Just remember that the plate reading cannot go into BI and the plate reading is proprietary so you will have to either log into the camera or get an NVR to do anything with it.