Camera won't boot with solid IR LED

Reaction score
I have a US model DS-2CD2132F-I camera that I purchased used (reported working at time of purchase). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to boot. There are no indicator or link lights, and the IR LEDs stay on. The SADP tool does not show anything, and I am unable to ping 192.0.0.64. Is this poor camera completely bricked, or is there any other recourse? Of course it's too late for me to return it.

The instructions I found here for restoring a bricked camera depends on it obtaining an IP, which this one does not.

Thank you for your help!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this with poe, ac power, or no activity with either one?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
As @Securame suggested try a 12v power supply if you have access to one. If it works the camera would at least be usable, not an ideal situation but it would be a good troubleshooting step.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I currently have the same issue with my DS-2CD2085FWD-I. I created a thread last week about the same thing and didnt find a resolution. My camera is not connecting to the network at all and I am unable to find the ip address at all after using SADP, trying to ping it, connecting it to my router, and connecting my pc to the nvr directly. I've also tried POE and 12v power supply and it made no difference. Hope you get an answer....