Camera works with everything but Surveillance Station

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Synology with Surveillance Station 8.1 and have used it with a cheap Foscam. I just purchased a Dahua HDW5231R-Z. The Dahua works fine in a browser, Blue Iris, gDMSS HD and TinyCam Free. I have tried changing the Surveillance Station settings to match the codec, resolution, frame rate, etc. from the camera's web admin page. I get a good still image from the camera when I click the "Test Connection" button, but no video. I'd like to get by with Surveillance Station until I can afford a Blue Iris box.

jonubi09

n3wb
Reaction score
I am actually having the exact same problem you are and would like to know if anyone has gotten the 5231R-Z's working with the Dahua profile on the Surveillance Station.
I currently have a case open with Synology support and will let you know if I get a solution from them. Pretty frustrating though as this camera is on their supported camera list.
For the time being, set the profile to GENERIC_ONVIF and it should allow you at to record footage from the camera as normal.

Cheers

Attachments

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am actually having the exact same problem you are and would like to know if anyone has gotten the 5231R-Z's working with the Dahua profile on the Surveillance Station.
I currently have a case open with Synology support and will let you know if I get a solution from them. Pretty frustrating though as this camera is on their supported camera list.
For the time being, set the profile to GENERIC_ONVIF and it should allow you at to record footage from the camera as normal.

Cheers
Thanks. After I read your post I found the Generic_DAHUA model which seems to work. I don't know what I'm missing out on by not being able to use the correct profile though.