Cameras for my Genie NVR8

Insum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have an old Genie NVR8 (this one) and I would like some help in finding some cheap cameras that will work for it. I have no idea where to start as I am a complete noob when it comes to IP cameras, I haven't a clue where to start with compatibility and everything like that.

Recently I bought one of those cheap PTZ cameras on eBAY that you connect to your mobile phone and discovered that I couldn't connect that to the NVR so I sent it back but I can't find a camera on eBay that doesn't look like it will be another one of those same mobile phone jobs. I have an old Panasonic BL-C131 IP camera set up and running on it but id like some outdoor wifi cameras with night vision too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Insum

From the link you provided:
Genie 8 Channel Network Video Recorder, 1TB Storage
H.264 / MPEG-4 / MJPEG Video Steaming
Compatible with Most Major Brands of IP Cameras

So I would guess you need a IP camera that can stream H.264 video using rtsp ( hard to know for certain as I do not see rtsp listed... )

I'd look to try a Hikvision OEM or Dahua OEM camera that is 2MP supporting rtsp H.264 and ONVIF.

Insum

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys, I will look into this. Hopefully, I can get it alls et up before Christmas.