Cameras have been offline recently

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the situation.

I have 4 cameras in my BI setup.

Lately, they have been dropping offline. I can't hit them from my local network with IP and port.

I did assign ips to each camera in my router.

The weird thing is hours later they show up again. I didn't think anything of this until it started happening multiple times this month.

I haven't made changed to my router nighthawk R6700.

Windows 10
8gb ram
BI latest version
Astak mole
Hikvision
Amcrest
Foscam

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any cams wireless? If so, are the ones that are dropping out wired or wireless?
All are wireless. Haven't had an issue in several years just recently

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All are wireless. Haven't had an issue in several years just recently

Most likely that's the problem. Having had / installed a few wireless cams here and there for folks that insisted, they all displayed this random trait after a time. Could be from newly introduced RFI close to your channel creating the issue; could be your Nighthawk....not easy to pinpoint.
If you cannot go wired, trying running a spectrum analyzer to see what's close by and you may find moving your Nighthawk to a suggested channel could help....at least for a while!

This runs on Win 10 and may help ==>> here.
Best of luck!;)

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most likely that's the problem. Having had / installed a few wireless cams here and there for folks that insisted, they all displayed this random trait after a time. Could be from newly introduced RFI close to your channel creating the issue; could be your Nighthawk....not easy to pinpoint.
If you cannot go wired, trying running a spectrum analyzer to see what's close by and you may find moving your Nighthawk to a suggested channel could help....at least for a while!
Best of luck!;)
What is the spectrum analyzer

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check my edited post above.
Thanks. I have an app somilar on my phone. The PC with BI is hardwired so no use using that app you sent.

There has to he a reason why it would just start acting up. Just because it is wireless doesn't tell me enough.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have an app somilar on my phone. The PC with BI is hardwired so no use using that app you sent.

There has to he a reason why it would just start acting up. Just because it is wireless doesn't tell me enough.

he told you exactly what the problem is, likely some sort of interference....it could be coming from you or from your neighbor...or your router is having issues...regardless you have learned the hard way that wifi is unreliable. Go back and read post 4...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The PC with BI is hardwired so no use using that app you sent.
The app that I sent the link to runs on a Windows 10 PC and it uses your wireless router to 'look' at ambient radio freqs, etc. The fact that your PC is hardwired is a bonus.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The app that I sent the link to runs on a Windows 10 PC and it uses your wireless router to 'look' at ambient radio freqs, etc. The fact that your PC is hardwired is a bonus.
I misunderstood. Ill play around with it to see what it tells me
Thanks