Cameras Have Dropped Off of BI

ksnax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Really not sure what is happening here, but over the course of the last 12 hours, most of my cameras have dropped off from being accessible by BI. The viewer frames report no signal, but none of the IP addresses have changed, and three cameras served by an old Q-See DVR are reachable independently via the Q-See DVR viewer application using the normal static IP I have assigned to it. The three rainbowed panels are the Q-See cameras pictured below in the viewer application.

I'm able to remote in via Chrome Remote Desktop to my static server address as well without any trouble.

I have rebooted everything.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking it is something with my router, but I don't have any trouble with anything else on the same LAN, so not sure.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why is the three vertical bars at the top of the screen red. Provide schreen shots of the status screens.

Can you log into the cameras via a web browser and see video?

ksnax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I can view cameras directly outside of BI.

Here's the log. The force quits are for the Q-See DVR cameras.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a diagram of the network. Include routets and switches. Are the problem cameras hardwired or wifi ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Check your network link speed. A damaged cable or network interface could have your BI machine dropping packets left and right.

Three of those cameras look to be analog cams hosted on the network by your DVR. Back when I used a setup like that (years ago), they dropped (in Blue Iris) regularly but always came right back...

ksnax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I have isolated it to something like that either with my server or the network cabling. Moving cameras around to different ports makes no difference to which remain active, but I just setup a second BI demo server on my main PC and I am able to access some cameras that way.

I was fearing that the cameras themselves were hacked or something, being cheapo Chinese cameras with those backdoors verified to be present, but the Q-See DVR is older and not known to have that vulnerability (or at least has a different one that I AM aware of). I'll do some more checking on this and report back later now that it's not looking like a hack.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have isolated it to something like that either with my server or the network cabling. Moving cameras around to different ports makes no difference to which remain active, but I just setup a second BI demo server on my main PC and I am able to access some cameras that way.

I was fearing that the cameras themselves were hacked or something, being cheapo Chinese cameras with those backdoors verified to be present, but the Q-See DVR is older and not known to have that vulnerability (or at least has a different one that I AM aware of). I'll do some more checking on this and report back later now that it's not looking like a hack.
check the firewall...bitdefender is a common offender.