Cameras not connecting in Blue Iris.. External Web application manager works

Reaction score
Hi,

I have blueiris installed in a remote computer. In the remote computer I can access the cameras through the web application manager but not through blue iris.
What should i try.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that the computer is in a separate location than the cameras? and that you cannot pull the camera feed? please explain the setup.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So the remote computer with blue iris is on the same network as the cameras? What model cameras? What error message is blue iris giving you?

Reaction score
Ok let me explain it in Detail:
The cameras and DVR are in one IP
Whereas the computer that I am trying to access the cameras is in a different IP(different City). The computer has BI installed in it. The computer can access the camera through the DVR with internet explorer using <dvr-external-ip>:port and then entering the password but I cannot get BI to access the DVR or camera. Its a Zmodo DVR
The

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thank you. This is what I have in the network (TCP/IP) setting of the DVR
Type: static
media port: Port X
web port: Port Y
IP Address: DVR internal IP address

I have both the Port X and Port Y forwarded and In BI I have the port accordingly. The model number of the DVR is zmdddsbn4

plus when I access this DVR through external I enter <external-ip-adddress>:port Y and it works which would mean that port Y is forwarded right,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you entering the correct external ip address (not the internal one your dvr displays)?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What zmodo dvr have you selected from the blue iris dropdown?
What is the error blue iris is giving you?
Have you tested to media/rtsp port you are using with canyouseeme.org ? to see if its open?

Reaction score
I have tried all the Zmodo Dvr that is available in the drop down
Blue iris usually gives No Signal and/or I/O Error: 0
Yes the port in canyouseeme.org shows as open.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. This is what I have in the network (TCP/IP) setting of the DVR
Type: static
media port: Port X
web port: Port Y
IP Address: DVR internal IP address

I have both the Port X and Port Y forwarded and In BI I have the port accordingly. The model number of the DVR is zmdddsbn4

plus when I access this DVR through external I enter <external-ip-adddress>:port Y and it works which would mean that port Y is forwarded right,
Yes it would, except blue iris does not care if port Y is forwarded....it just needs the media or rtsp port..
But if that is forwarded and working...the issue is probably related to not using the correct path...You will have to email support and give him access to your DVR so that he can figure out the correct path for that specific model.

Reaction score
ok thank you. I have emailed them and waiting for a response. I will keep this thread updated so any other people that have this issue can get it solved as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing you can try is download ipcamviewer (android/ios) by robert chou...it has a scan function that can determine the dvr - it will list a bunch of compatible models if available..you can then see if one of those models is on the blue iris dropdown list.