Cameras

Reaction score
Hi
Been using Blue Iris for at least 5, probably 6 years now, and have provided much feedback over the years for features and functionality that have now been implemented. I've deployed 5 separate camera systems and a total of over 50 cameras.

Where i'm having a problem is my home camera system. I have 14 IP cameras, all running high definition, 25-30 FPS. The computer running blue iris has more than enough performance (high end i7, 32GB DDR3, solid state disks, etc), so I have plenty of room to spare. Cameras are all Hikvision.

I'm noticing what I believe is 'ghosting' or 'jerky' images on almost all the cameras. Some don't appear to have it.

Cameras are all on a dedicated gigabit POE switch with no other traffic other than camera traffic.

Open to any suggestions. Attaching a RAR file with a quick 3-4 second clip of what i'm talking about, as well as a screenshot of the issue.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also including to this message the camera settings (both in Blue Iris as well as on the actual camera itself via its web interface)
in the camera match the iframe interval to the frame rate...
in blue iris increase the receive buffer to 20mb