Can’t connect DMSS

Screnge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently downloaded the DMSS app and for the life of me cannot connect my Dahua NVR.
I currently use the “EasyViewer” app and set it up with a p2p connection and it works fine. When I go to add my NVR with the DMSS app it keeps saying either “operation failed” or “wrong username or password” but the username and password are 100% correct because when I use them with the other app it works.
P2P is enabled on the NVR everything I think is correct as the other app works but why would DMSS work? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is where I struggled LOL. I had been using my old gDMSS and it wouldn't work properly and I was getting your same error.

Turns out there is just a DMSS made by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd. that I was ignoring thinking it was a knockoff.

All previous DMSS platforms were made by Dahua, so I was trying to go that route.

Once I went with this version of DMSS, things are rocking.

Screnge

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s the one I’m trying to use and it won’t work. I literally reset my NVR half an hour ago. Set it up as new again and it still won’t work. I deleted the device from the “EasyViewer” app and set it up again and it literally works instantly.
I’m literally lost haha It doesn’t make any sense?