Can’t delete clips or view status page from Blue Iris iOS app

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I‘ve been searching through hundreds of threads, but perhaps I‘ve missed one addressing this issue. The app is working fine except I can’t delete clips or view the status page. ”Delete” is greyed out in the drop down menu. Also, I can’t view the status page; nothing happens when I touch the chart icon. I’d appreciate any help.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does look like nobody else has a clue to my problem. However, it does occur to me that the problem seems to be one where my server can send information to my iPhone, but I cannot send information back from my phone to the server. I know that when deleting a clip from the phone, it doesn’t actually erase the clip on the server. I’v always wondered what actually is being deleted. Is an “attribute”, similar to a file attribute being set in the server? Nonetheless, I cant view status reports or delete clips. I‘ve tried turning off virus software and made sure that the firewall was allowing Blue Iris through. I’ve run the Remote Access Wizard several times and it passes with flying colors. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does look like nobody else has a clue to my problem. However, it does occur to me that the problem seems to be one where my server can send information to my iPhone, but I cannot send information back from my phone to the server. I know that when deleting a clip from the phone, it doesn’t actually erase the clip on the server. I’v always wondered what actually is being deleted. Is an “attribute”, similar to a file attribute being set in the server? Nonetheless, I cant view status reports or delete clips. I‘ve tried turning off virus software and made sure that the firewall was allowing Blue Iris through. I’ve run the Remote Access Wizard several times and it passes with flying colors. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.
I don't have an answer to your problem but, I would just start checking configurations in Blue Iris options first. Did you change anything recently. Also Does this only happen when you are out of network? Before you log onto the app select edit and check if your WAN and/or LAN has changed. Back to Blue Iris options do you have admin rights enabled ?

I am no expert. This is some of the areas I would start. More than likely it will end up being something simple

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have an answer to your problem but, I would just start checking configurations in Blue Iris options first. Did you change anything recently. Also Does this only happen when you are out of network? Before you log onto the app select edit and check if your WAN and/or LAN has changed. Back to Blue Iris options do you have admin rights enabled ?

I am no expert. This is some of the areas I would start. More than likely it will end up being something simple
I appreciate your help. I will not be able to check these things until I’m back home next month. This problem occurred with a fresh installation of Blue Iris on a new computer. The problem is the same whether my phone is connected to the WAN or the LAN.
I guess the only thing I can check when I’m back is the admin rights.

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate your help. I will not be able to check these things until I’m back home next month. This problem occurred with a fresh installation of Blue Iris on a new computer. The problem is the same whether my phone is connected to the WAN or the LAN.
I guess the only thing I can check when I’m back is the admin rights.
Did you find out the solution to your problem?