Can a Lorex LNZ32P4-C be configured without a Lorex NVR?

K_S_Snyder

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in a unique position. I work for a facility with an existing security camera system. I have a few servers running VIMonitor Plus, with mixed Sony and Panasonic cameras. It works just fine. For a separate specific purpose, we brought in a vendor to set up a separate 12 camera system. I don't know what backend they were going to use, but to make a long story short, they abandoned the job, and we inherited a number of LNZ32P4-C cameras. They seem like perfectly decent cameras, but I can not find any way to configure them. My existing servers would readily pull in cameras by ONVIF, but I haven't a clue as to how to get the initial setup of the camera. Anyone have any guidance here? TIA.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can. You need to log in to the camera gui by going to Internet Explorer (other browsers will not show full functionality) and type in the IP address of the camera and then a login screen pops up.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in a unique position. I work for a facility with an existing security camera system. I have a few servers running VIMonitor Plus, with mixed Sony and Panasonic cameras. It works just fine. For a separate specific purpose, we brought in a vendor to set up a separate 12 camera system. I don't know what backend they were going to use, but to make a long story short, they abandoned the job, and we inherited a number of LNZ32P4-C cameras. They seem like perfectly decent cameras, but I can not find any way to configure them. My existing servers would readily pull in cameras by ONVIF, but I haven't a clue as to how to get the initial setup of the camera. Anyone have any guidance here? TIA.
FYI - looks like a Dahua OEM model.. you can probably use the Dahua Config tool also.. DahuaWiki

1619800112147.png

K_S_Snyder

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes you can. You need to log in to the camera gui by going to Internet Explorer (other browsers will not show full functionality) and type in the IP address of the camera and then a login screen pops up.
I'd love to try - you know the default IP?

FYI - looks like a Dahua OEM model.. you can probably use the Dahua Config tool...
I'll give that a try.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The default should be 192.168.1.108. But if they have been initialized, then you may need to factory reset them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not knowing what that person left you with or how they're currently set up, I suggest doing one cam at a time, not all plugged into the same switch / network until configured with unique IP's in the desired subnet.

This from IPCT's Wiki may also help ==>> Dahua Camera Initial Setup