Can anyone identify the errors/alerts?

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every time I. Login to BI’s app, I have 6-8 errors or alerts and I can’t identify them in the log. Would anyone mind taking a look at these and see what problems may be? BI runs/operates fine.

Attachments

nmbgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Your screenshots only include a small portion of time which doesn't include any errors. That being said I actually emailed this morning because in the desktop app I have been having it turn red sporadically with no errors in the logs for the latest version. Errors and warnings are a lot easier to find in the desktop app though because you can group them by type and then scroll until you see icons change. You can also save to file and then use Notepad++ to filter out only warnings and errors with a regex search and replace to remove any lines that are not errors or warnings. The regex ^[^12] .*\r\n in the search (this selects all lines which are not a warning or error) and an empty replace with the regex box checked will leave the log file with only the warnings and errors.

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
NotePad++ and BI logfile usage tips...

NotePad++ also has a line marking function (Ctrl-M).
Use the regex expression provided by @nmbgeek ...
1727366589593.png

Then click Search > Bookmark > Remove Bookmarked Lines
1727366611775.png

Be warned that this can take many seconds for large logfiles.

Because of this, I keep my logfiles to a more manageable size by using the weekly filename template c:\BlueIris\log\%Y%W.txt
To change the template, go to Blue Iris settings > Log tab
1727366722678.png

Lastly, if you want to preserve the logfile, be sure to not inadvertently save the result after removing any lines. To be extra safe, use a copy of the logfile instead.

Last edited: