Can BI automatically energize (activate/switch) Form C relay(s) when its camera(s) detect motion?

usmc

n3wb
Reaction score
I am interested in buying SeaLevel 8112 (SeaDAC Lite PLC-8) for setting up alarm.

I plan to connect 2 speakers/trumpet speakers to a small amplifier, and then from amplifier (audio line) to BI computer. For amplifier power cord, I will connect it to one of SeaLevel 8112's Form C relays (of course, there will be a power source to feed one of Form C NO terminal in order to power the amplifier).

When I am away from my home, I usually load a BI profile backup/setting that I will get alerts if one of the cameras detects motion for certain areas that I have already pre-defined (I do this to make sure I get no false alarm/alert). I would like to apply the same principle to automatically trigger the alarm through speakers, but I want ability to remotely turn off speakers' power (for example, before I open my door, I want to turn off the speakers' power so that I do not want to bother my neighbors for any false alarm).

Question:
Can BI automatically energize (activate/switch) Form C relay(s) when its camera(s) detect motion?

Please note that wiring up this SeaLevel 8112 is easy for me. My BI system alarm works fine without the SeaLevel 8112, but I currently cannot disable the BI alarm remotely.

I appreciate for any inputs/suggestion.
USMC

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am interested in buying SeaLevel 8112 (SeaDAC Lite PLC-8) for setting up alarm.

I plan to connect 2 speakers/trumpet speakers to a small amplifier, and then from amplifier (audio line) to BI computer. For amplifier power cord, I will connect it to one of SeaLevel 8112's Form C relays (of course, there will be a power source to feed one of Form C NO terminal in order to power the amplifier).

When I am away from my home, I usually load a BI profile backup/setting that I will get alerts if one of the cameras detects motion for certain areas that I have already pre-defined (I do this to make sure I get no false alarm/alert). I would like to apply the same principle to automatically trigger the alarm through speakers, but I want ability to remotely turn off speakers' power (for example, before I open my door, I want to turn off the speakers' power so that I do not want to bother my neighbors for any false alarm).

Question:

Please note that wiring up this SeaLevel 8112 is easy for me. My BI system alarm works fine without the SeaLevel 8112, but I currently cannot disable the BI alarm remotely.

I appreciate for any inputs/suggestion.
USMC
why dont you simply setup another profile that disables the alert/alarm or use the traffic signal? And toggle that before you go in?