Can Bi be setup for jpeg only... no live stream?

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been wondering about this and I really don't know how to ask the question. Here I go...

I am wondering if I could just snap jpegs of events instead of a live stream. If so, any suggestion on how to set up my Hikvision DS-2CD2032 cameras? I would like to run a test over a course of a month or so. Goals: 1) Save on disk space? 2) Better over performance? 3) Most important to me, is just to see if I like the results...

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful day!!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to camera "properties", click on the "post" tab, click on "help" at bottom right and read up on the process...it's pretty simple.
You config the image size, quality, how often and where to store them.

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang, that didn't work out as I was expecting. In order to keep a number of triggered jpegs, I would have to use the Ring of images and set it to a very high number in order to keep enough to make it through a week. When the last number is reached, it starts over at 0000 and wipes the image. I guess this is why it's called the Ring. :) Looks like the Post is really geared to uploading to an FTP server than to replace the live stream capture with jpeg image capture. Any other suggestions?

Sabot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What I am looking for is just capturing trigger events in clips as long as the trigger is been tripped. Saving no live video.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like what you want to do is record clips in response to motion detection. (e.g. Not record continuously). That is easy. Set up BI's motion detector however you like in the Trigger tab, then on the Record tab make sure it records video when triggered.

Recording jpeg images is the wrong approach. Jpeg frames are much less efficient than H.264 video clips.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I am looking for is just capturing trigger events in clips as long as the trigger is been tripped. Saving no live video.
If you insist on JPEGS, go to the specific camera "Camera Properties", "Record" tab, click on "help" at lower right and scroll down to "Snapshots" and take a read.