Can BI use 2nd video sub streams?

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have run BI for several yrs and works pretty well. (Besides windy, sunny days, with tree shadows) This year i replaced 20+ Cams that were a mix of 720 & 1080 cams with 28 Dahua starlights 2.1 mp. I also purchased a Dahua Ultra Series 4k 32 channel NVR all from Andy. What i am looking to do is run all the cams at 30fps and 265 for the nvr. Then run the BI machine on the 2nd sub stream at 15fps and 264h.

How do i get BI to read the cams 2nd sub stream?

The reason i am trying to do this is the 8mp cam sub stream highest resolution is 1080 so i would like BI to use that while the NVR records the 8mp main stream.

Can this be done?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have run BI for several yrs and works pretty well. (Besides windy, sunny days, with tree shadows) This year i replaced 20+ Cams that were a mix of 720 & 1080 cams with 28 Dahua starlights 2.1 mp. I also purchased a Dahua Ultra Series 4k 32 channel NVR all from Andy. What i am looking to do is run all the cams at 30fps and 265 for the nvr. Then run the BI machine on the 2nd sub stream at 15fps and 264h.

How do i get BI to read the cams 2nd sub stream?

The reason i am trying to do this is the 8mp cam sub stream highest resolution is 1080 so i would like BI to use that while the NVR records the 8mp main stream.

Can this be done?
yes...you need the correct url for the substream...they are mentioned in threads for the popular cameras...often changing the camera number to 2 will pull the substream..if you properly setup zone crossing you wont have the tree and shadow issue...its lightyears ahead of any line crossing built into cams.

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman I'll check the Dahua threads. I can make a cam work but not good on url's need to learn those so i can use my Home Automation to trigger ptz presets

I have been playing around with zone crossing and just can't seem to find a happy medium i am using 3 zones example bc-d and sometimes i miss stuff but when i use 2 ones the trees set if off continuously. 80% of my property is covered with trees so on a sunny day it's really bad with alerts. I cut a lot with triggering BI thru the cams IVS. Is there a video tutorial on zone crossing? to maybe see what i am doing wrong

Last edited:

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also is there anything on the site for networking? I have a room with router and switches that 15 cams on the house feeds 2, then a garage out back with switches out back that handles 9 cams. trying to find the best way to network everything together. I am sure with what i have now isn't the most efficient way.