Can I add another camera to my Lorex LNR1182 system?

channon01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, first post here. I recently purchased and installed a four camera system from Costco (Lorex LNR1182) but want to add one more camera. Do you know of another camera that is comparable that would work with this system? It is 8 channel so I have more slots in my NVR. Maybe a Hikvision that would work? Around $100-150 would be ideal.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all, first post here. I recently purchased and installed a four camera system from Costco (Lorex LNR1182) but want to add one more camera. Do you know of another camera that is comparable that would work with this system? It is 8 channel so I have more slots in my NVR. Maybe a Hikvision that would work? Around $100-150 would be ideal.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. That NVR is made by dahua. Look for dahua cameras.

channon01

n3wb
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the reply. Okay I can look at going the Dahua route. Any of their 3mp POE cameras should work, right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the reply. Okay I can look at going the Dahua route. Any of their 3mp POE cameras should work, right?
I dont believe a 3mp will works since the NVR is limited to 1080p. You may be able to lower the camera to 1080p, however, a native 1080p camera will have better night vision.

Nocturn

n3wb
Reaction score
Fantastic thread, I had the exact same question as I bought the same system (thanks SlickDeals)

Fenderman, I can confirm this NVR is indeed recording at 2048x1536 (im not sure why the spec sheet sells itself short)

Any chance the LTS models (like CMIP3032-28) from MilkIsBad would work with this system?

Jerrynaut

n3wb
Reaction score
well theyre dahua oem (lorex) so not likely. Maybe if the nvr was onvif compliant. LTS is rebranded hikvision, brah. i'm interested in this lorex system too.. its just soo enticing to not have to deal with networking settings. Flir cloud is soo simple to use. (although i hear the quality aint the best) channon1 did you ever get that additional dahua for your lorex system? how'd it work?

mikepsl

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed that Dahua cameras work with this nvr? Thanks for your response in advance!

Mike