Can I Disable wifi and use Ethernet only F19831p

justme12

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the cameras capable of using ethernet only? Ran cat5e cable and they work fine when viewed from computer attached to lan internet. When I view from my laptop connected by wifi the cameras signal comes from the wifi function.(if I disconnect the cat the signal remains).
To create a more stable and quality video, I want to connect by ethernet only but be viewable from my cpu
when on wifi.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you remove the Wireless password from the camera ,under Wireless settings, it wont use wifi.

justme12

n3wb
Reaction score
If you remove the Wireless password from the camera ,under Wireless settings, it wont use wifi.
Just tried that again and still uses wifi. Eliminated password and saved. Closed ie browser and reopened. Able to view live video.
Unplugged ethernet cable and connection remains. Router shows as wifi signal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried that again and still uses wifi. Eliminated password and saved. Closed ie browser and reopened. Able to view live video.
Unplugged ethernet cable and connection remains. Router shows as wifi signal.
try putting in the wrong password...then restart the camera...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing. No change, entered wrong password,saved, closed out then logged in again.
restart your router....there is no way its connecting unless the camera is saving the old password and/or a session is still active..

justme12

n3wb
Reaction score
"SAME"
1. Restarted router - router shows cam ip connection as wifi
2. Hard Reset of Foscam via wire and reinstalled.
3. Issued wrong password in camera scan screen and saved.
4. Live video captured but when I pull the ethernet cord video remains and connected to wifi. Kill wifi and connection drops.

** for the heck of it, I tried a diff router! SAME!

Just don't get it. Getting older I guess, but I thought you were able to have a direct wired connect only.

Reaction score
"SAME"
1. Restarted router - router shows cam ip connection as wifi
2. Hard Reset of Foscam via wire and reinstalled.
3. Issued wrong password in camera scan screen and saved.
4. Live video captured but when I pull the ethernet cord video remains and connected to wifi. Kill wifi and connection drops.

** for the heck of it, I tried a diff router! SAME!

Just don't get it. Getting older I guess, but I thought you were able to have a direct wired connect only.
Step 2 - - Use the reset button on the bottom or back of the camera to reset the camera to factory config. This will absolutely clear out any old wifi connection info. Then connect your Ethernet cable to the camera's RJ45 jack and go through the setup wizard. When it comes to the wireless info, cancel/skip that and don't enter anything.