Can I flash firmware from Europe (other region) for my camera?

tangcla

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a G6 and R1 camera in Australia and was wondering if I can flash Europe firmware on it, whether this will brick the camera.
I notice that Hikvision Europe support portal has newer versions of firmware than what is available in my local region.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the camera region code in the serial number?

If it’s WR no problem. If it’s CH you can’t.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing. What version are you at now and which version do you want to go to? Second question is what features do you want (reason for update). In general, unless there is a reason don’t update just for the fun of it.

tangcla

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing. What version are you at now and which version do you want to go to? Second question is what features do you want (reason for update). In general, unless there is a reason don’t update just for the fun of it.
For the R6: it appears 5.5.53 is already the latest.
For the G1: from 5.5.5 to 5.5.53.
I'm more curious to know if there's any reason why I can't go from one to the other.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is no problem updating. Sometimes the update may change something that you may not particularly care for and the update does nothing else that benefits you.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you want to update? If you are not fixing a specific problem do not update

As said by another very knowledgeable member... It it ain't broken do not fix it.