Can I make batch changes to my camara settings?

sdennis

n3wb
Reaction score
If I want to change a setting to all my cameras in BI, is there a way to do it at the same time or do I have to do it for each camera separately?

Thank you

Steve

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no batch edit function at all.

Edit: but there is the ability to export, import, and copy large groups of settings to other cameras. See the buttons along the bottom of Camera Settings > General tab.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want to make new ones. You can't change things across existing cameras. Which could be useful at times. There are a few settings like HA that can rely on global settings.

Most don't have all that many cameras though so not a huge deal to go through and change individually.

Reaction score
If you want to make new ones. You can't change things across existing cameras. Which could be useful at times. There are a few settings like HA that can rely on global settings.

Most don't have all that many cameras though so not a huge deal to go through and change individually.
Why wouldn't it work on existing ones?
Sure you are limited to the "Sources" checkboxes (screenshot), so it totally depends on what settings one want to change, but those work.
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 21.56.47.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well not totally true in my opinion… the copy-button on the main page of any camera allows you to batch configure other cameras with the same settings.
Nice, I didn't notice that before. As long as you don't mind copying a whole tab of settings then "Copy" looks pretty good.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anybody tried using the export/import template feature in the dahua config tool?

Looks like it is limited exporting/importing only the video and encoding parameters