Can I run two instances of BI while transitioning between PCs?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I know I need to deactivate the instance installed on the PC I'm moving off of but can I run the future PC destination in parallel? I'm assuming it would be demo mode and if so, what functionality do I lose? Thanks!

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Only one camera will work in demo mode.

Also, you can backup all the settings on the old one and migrate them right to the new one. There's a few tutorials on here how to do it, and it'll prob save ya some time and aggravation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Only one camera will work in demo mode.

Also, you can backup all the settings on the old one and migrate them right to the new one. There's a few tutorials on here how to do it, and it'll prob save ya some time and aggravation.
The demo mode will support the same number of cams as the licensed version...demo mode does not support direct to disk so cpu usage will be through the roof. You will also only have a 15 day license. A second license can be purchased for 30 dollars if you email support for a coupon code.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My apologies for posting the incorrect information, I know i've read from others on here it was only one cam. Fenderman, can you delete my post above I don't want anyone to read it and get the wrong info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies for posting the incorrect information, I know i've read from others on here it was only one cam. Fenderman, can you delete my post above I don't want anyone to read it and get the wrong info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont worry...they will see the follow posts...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just added 3 cameras to the PC I'm transitioning to with demo license. The cameras say they are recording direct to disc but maybe not. Motion detection is set and it's running a steady 30%. Cameras are max resolution and 20 FPS and hardware acceleration is on.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just added 3 cameras to the PC I'm transitioning to with demo license. The cameras say they are recording direct to disc but maybe not. Motion detection is set and it's running a steady 30%. Cameras are max resolution and 20 FPS and hardware acceleration is on.
Direct to disk is not working...you will see an immediate cpu drop when entering the license key.