Can I time lapse continuous recording?

pinoybear

n3wb
Reaction score
If I have one of my webcams setup for continuous recording, can I configure the options so the video saved by BI is x2.5 speed? In the recording options for the camera it looks like I need to specify a frame rate, but I'm not clear what to set that to. If the camera is sending 30 FPS, do I put in 75 fps (30 x 2.5)?

Also, if this is possible, I'm assuming this would save hard drive space than recording x1 speed?

TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I have one of my webcams setup for continuous recording, can I configure the options so the video saved by BI is x2.5 speed? In the recording options for the camera it looks like I need to specify a frame rate, but I'm not clear what to set that to. If the camera is sending 30 FPS, do I put in 75 fps (30 x 2.5)?

Also, if this is possible, I'm assuming this would save hard drive space than recording x1 speed?

TIA
See the help file on timelapse. Its right there in the record tab. Can easily be done.
You can also export to a timelapse if originally recorded in BVR format.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've played around with this feature before and never got it to work right. Sometimes it works perfect then out of nowhere the playback is jumpy and doesnt work

pinoybear

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I see in the help file:

If you enable the Use alt framerate option, you can record single frames on a periodic basis. When you record video without audio at a framerate of less than 2fps, the playback framerate is set to 2fps. The effect is a "time lapse" where video will playback faster than real time.

So if I want my normaly 30fps webcam to have its recording at 2.5x, do I put in 12 (30/2.5) or 75 (30*2.5)?