Can I transfer Blue Iris License to another computer? Also, a question on updates

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can I transfer my Blue Iris License to another computer?

Also, I noticed that I am not longer able to update. Its asking for $30 for another year of support. Are the updates part of this? How many of you are keeping your Blue Iris versions up to date?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I transfer my Blue Iris License to another computer?

Also, I noticed that I am not longer able to update. Its asking for $30 for another year of support. Are the updates part of this? How many of you are keeping your Blue Iris versions up to date?
Yes of course you can. Deactivate the license on the old pc, then activate it again.
You need some sort of extended support if you want updates after 1 year. There are several threads discussing this. The BI website has the options laid out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can make things a bit easier (no typos!) if you:

1) In BI, go to "Settings" ==>> "About" tab ==>> click on "Email Support" button. The info will be copied onto the Clipboard.
2) Open Notepad / text editor and paste (Control V) the Clipboard into a new document and save it to a known place...now you'll have your BI License Key saved so you can copy/paste it later as well if needed for activation in a new BI install!

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
more on this please. when I pay for a new support plan...for BI 5 --
Can I remove all the blue iris software from my computer, and install fresh ?
I don't know, I think a fresh install after a couple of years would be good to do. I guess getting an updated full install file (unpatched) would be available..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
more on this please. when I pay for a new support plan...for BI 5 --
Can I remove all the blue iris software from my computer, and install fresh ?
I don't know, I think a fresh install after a couple of years would be good to do. I guess getting an updated full install file (unpatched) would be available..
Yes, the license key will be your original key not the support key.

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need to move my Bl 4 to a new Windows 10 computer. I've read the steps (e.g. exporting settings etc.) What's the best way to install BI 4? Should I download the "legacy" version from the BI site, or use the files that I've got on the old hard drive? (I have my licence info).