Can I use Floureon SD17W cameras with Blue Iris?

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 Floureon wifi PTZ cameras (model SD17W). Can I use them with Blue Iris?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
According iSpy, your RTSP URL is "rtsp://Camera-IP/1/h264major".

In Blue Iris, choosing the camera video configuration drop down menu as camera brand "Floureon" and model "IPD-L23Y02 RTSP", the same URL is displayed, so I'd venture to say "YES".

FWIW, another model, the SD37W, is also available in the drop down list, as are models of Sricam, which appear to be very much the same as some of the Floureon models.

Your best bet would be to download the free trial of Blue Iris and try for yourself!

Last edited:

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According iSpy, your RTSP URL is "rtsp://Camera-IP/1/h264major".

In Blue Iris, choosing the camera video configuration drop down menu as camera brand "Floureon" and model "IPD-L23Y02 RTSP", the same URL is displayed, so I'd venture to say "YES".

FWIW, another model, the SD37W, is also available in the drop down list, as are models of Sricam, which appear to be very much the same as some of the Floureon models.

Your best bet would be to download the free trial of Blue Iris and try for yourself!
Very good information, thank you,

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FYI, I downloaded Blue Iris, I cannot test all the features because it's the demo version. But it works very well with my 2 cameras, one at a time. It searched and instaled the cameras automatically. I still don't know if I can install it on my desktop AND laptop computers and if I can remote control it...I may buy the V.5 version when it's available...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I still don't know if I can install it on my desktop AND laptop computers and if I can remote control it..
It's best to install BI on a desktop PC that meets the criteria, and that's usually not a laptop. Besides, if you install BI on the desktop and it's your server, the laptop can view the cams over your LAN by launching a browser on the laptop and accessing the server's built-in web server, called "UI3". You only install BI on the server...one license.

The URL would be like "http://BI-server-IP:port" and BI would require you to login with a username and password that you created in BI "options", "users". Or, you can configure BI for accessing UI3 via "LAN only" and "anonymous" user so no login is required, just the URL I mentioned.

Be sure to give your server a static LAN IP and either reserve that IP in the router or assign an IP outside the router's DHCP pool. I suggest you do the same for the cams.

...I may buy the V.5 version when it's available...
I hope you do. I've been a v3 then v4 owner since 2013 and am a BIG fan of BI...the best value out there, IMO.