Can login remotely thru Blue Iris Android app but not UI3 browser

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I upgraded from BI version 4 to 5 but now I cant get in using any web browser.
But I can get in thru the Android BI app with no problems. Only web browser access wont work. I didnt change anything. Its still using the same local IP and WAN address under the Web Server tab.
I have the local IP address port forwarded in the router. 192.168.50.48:81
When I run Canyouseeme.org on the local laptop running BI5, I get the following: (I changed the last 3 numbers to xxx)

Success: I can see your service on 66.38.80.xxx on port (81)
Your ISP is not blocking port 81

But on my remote laptop when I type in on Edge or any brower:
This 66.38.80.xxx page can’t be found
No webpage was found for the web address:
On the Asus router, its showing WAN IP as 66.38.80.xxx

FYI: Laptop running BI 5 is in 1 state and I am remoting in from another state. I have access to the BI5 server using Teamviewer. Windows 11 on remote computer and Windows 10 on BI5 laptop

This is probably something very simple... but I cant figure it out.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I ran some more tests. On the BI server, if I put in the LAN or the WAN address into a browser, nothing comes up.
When I go into the Web Server, Remote Access Wizard, on the page for final test on the WAN it says "The remote Server Returned an error (404)"

protivakid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I jsut had the same issue and it wasn't a wrong directory but a botched update / install. If I disabled UI3 it worked which led me to this reddit post:
This issue was a missing ui3 folder under the www install directory. I was able to restore this from an old backup and voilà it worked again!