Can no longer drag camera windows around?

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated to BI 5.5 x x now i can no longer drag a camera into a larger window like you could before the update.

It seems they are all locked unless you edit layout.

Suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the new update and is intended to be that way. Lots of threads about it.

Rollback if you need that feature

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Use edit layout? That's why it's called edit layout. In all seriousness, it can be done, but move carefully an document each move because the results can be pretty unexpected so being able to go back and try again is important.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use edit layout? That's why it's called edit layout. In all seriousness, it can be done, but move carefully an document each move because the results can be pretty unexpected so being able to go back and try again is important.
I can still drag and drop but now it requires multiple steps.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is the new update and is intended to be that way. Lots of threads about it.

Rollback if you need that feature
I don't like it worked better the way it was. Who do i complain to over at BI.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just send an email to support from the BI console prompts and your regular email. I wasn't very happy with it either but it does sort of grow on you like a fungus, I guess. What I really don't like is the result in UI3 on my laptop as a result of this change, but it is what it is.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just send an email to support from the BI console prompts and your regular email. I wasn't very happy with it either but it does sort of grow on you like a fungus, I guess. What I really don't like is the result in UI3 on my laptop as a result of this change, but it is what it is.
I like to drag a small window into a larger one if i see something of interest. Now to do so i have to go into edit layout then size the window i just moved.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just arrange them the way you normally would. When you want a larger view of one camera just double click on it. That still works the same way.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just arrange them the way you normally would. When you want a larger view of one camera just double click on it. That still works the same way.
That is one way to do it i guess........still can't believe they took that away.

Staying with a old version has it's on issues with security.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The new system, to me, seems overly complex for what should be a fairly simple task. I don't write code or programs so I may be totally wrong about that.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new system, to me, seems overly complex for what should be a fairly simple task. I don't write code or programs so I may be totally wrong about that.
I agree. Are others letting BI know they are not happy about it on there forums?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What security update did 5.5.5.x fix?

Just rollback to latest stable version

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't contacted BI support about it. Given the amount of work that probably was involved in producing this "dynamic" layout I don't think it would do any goo o hassle them about it.