Can not view any camera

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, I switched over to comcast and now can not view any cameras on my NVR or connect to them through the config tool or IDMMS.
Old NVR IP was a dhcp 192.168.1.109 and all cameras connected to a POE switch then to non-POE-NVR with ip range from 192.168.1.110-117
Comcast uses 10.0.0.1 cant seem to get cameras to connect to change the static ip numbers.
Point me to any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using a Comcast modem/ router ? Or just the Comcast modem?
If the router what is it's internal IP address. Have you configured the router DHCP for the static addresses.
Is your access problem at home or from a remote site ?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe it’s a modem/router I did go in to the router and open port 37777 at home 10.0.0.1 did not setup static

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the assigned IP address in the Comcast device. It looks like your base address is 10.0.0.1 . It needs to be 192.168.1.1 to work with your cameras. WhAt are the IP address of you non bi PCs and other home devices.

A long shot. Power down the bi PC and the switches, cameras then reboot.

As a side note, I recommend owning a Comcast modem/ router, not renting it. I set up the comcast modem into pass through mode, so it is only a modem, not a router. Then I connect it to an Asus router. I use openvpn on the Asus router.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it’s a modem/router I did go in to the router and open port 37777 at home 10.0.0.1 did not setup static
dont forward ports. You can either change the ip range of the router or cameras...
As mentioned, ditch the comcast combo unit, you can buy a modem only for 50 bux then add router. Combo units are not ideal for many reasons.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, SouthernYankee great call I was finally able to figure out how to get in the settings of the router and changed to the 192.168.1.1 powered down and backup and everything started working.
I would love to hear more about your setup, equipment etc.. as I am very interested in not using their equipment.

dont forward ports. You can either change the ip range of the router or cameras...
As mentioned, ditch the comcast combo unit, you can buy a modem only for 50 bux then add router. Combo units are not ideal for many reasons.
I have to forward the port 37777 to use IDMSS

Thanks again, have great day