Can only stream one second via LAN

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an issue where I can only stream one second from both live camera feed and recorded video to my mobile devices when on the same LAN. If I turn off wifi on my device and use the cell signal it works as expected. After a minute the screen will flash and it throws up an error "Camera Signal Lost" then shows another second of video and freezes. I don't think it's a Blue Iris issue but more of a LAN issue but I wasn't sure where else to ask. If anyone else has seen this issue and has a solution itwould be very appreciated.

Machine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What happens if you connect to your camera directly without BlueIris?

If you know the IP of your camera, can you do a continuous ping from the blue iris machine to the camera? This will show us if we have packet loss.

To do a continous ping, open a command prompt and enter this --> ping <camera ip> -t

Reaction score
What happens if you connect to your camera directly without BlueIris?

If you know the IP of your camera, can you do a continuous ping from the blue iris machine to the camera? This will show us if we have packet loss.

To do a continous ping, open a command prompt and enter this --> ping <camera ip> -t
Thanks for the reply Machine. I did as you said and logged into the camera with my phone on the LAN. It was able to stream but it was still not right. I noticed it would stream a few seconds, stop for about 10 seconds then repeat the pattern. It made me do some digging into my Router (Linksys8500) and I found a setting for "Media Prioritization". I set the Camera to the highest priority and BAM, it's now streaming correctly. Problem solved. :) Thanks again.

Machine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting. I assume Media Prioritization is some type of QoS.

I am surprised that on your home LAN you had enough traffic to "drown" out your camera.

You might want to check and see if any devices on your home network are generating an excessive amount of traffic.