Can someone help me fire up the Dericam H216W on Blue Iris?

soarwitheagles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Title says it all...

I purchased two of the Dericam H216W 2-3 years ago, but never used them...left them new in the box.

Recently have a challenge with neighbors' horses destroying a property line fence. I just installed the Dericam H216W's outside on the fence line, but forgot how to fire them up on Blue Iris. I have the discs and everything that came new in the box.

How can I get these guys working?

Thank you,

Soar

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Title says it all...

I purchased two of the Dericam H216W 2-3 years ago, but never used them...left them new in the box.

Recently have a challenge with neighbors' horses destroying a property line fence. I just installed the Dericam H216W's outside on the fence line, but forgot how to fire them up on Blue Iris. I have the discs and everything that came new in the box.

How can I get these guys working?

Thank you,

Soar
No need for the disk..
The camera is listed in the dropdown menu...simply enter the ip (make sure you give the camera a static ip/or use dhcp reservation)...
As you likely already know, these are terrible cams...if you need reliable good quality footage you are best off leaving them in the box.

soarwitheagles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No need for the disk..
The camera is listed in the dropdown menu...simply enter the ip (make sure you give the camera a static ip/or use dhcp reservation)...
As you likely already know, these are terrible cams...if you need reliable good quality footage you are best off leaving them in the box.
Fenderman,

Long time no see! Thank you for replying to my post.

Well, I desperately do need good quality footage because it is quite possible and even probable we will need to use the footage in a court of law. Dang neighbor's horses are tearing stuff up and they will not do a thing about it even after we politely asked for two full years.

Now we are done begging. Simply need to put in HD IP cameras to monitor 300+ ft. of property

line.

I saw some demo tapes of the Dericams and it actually looked fairly good.

So are you saying I need the Hik's again?

Yo, wassup?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,

Long time no see! Thank you for replying to my post.

Well, I desperately do need good quality footage because it is quite possible and even probable we will need to use the footage in a court of law. Dang neighbor's horses are tearing stuff up and they will not do a thing about it even after we politely asked for two full years.

Now we are done begging. Simply need to put in HD IP cameras to monitor 300+ ft. of property

line.

I saw some demo tapes of the Dericams and it actually looked fairly good.

So are you saying I need the Hik's again?

Yo, wassup?
See the thread on the dahua starlight cameras...fixed and ptz..best value by far..blows the hikvision out of the water for low light...

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I won't argue against good cameras but I think a judge would be happy if he could just tell a horse (neighbour is liable) from a moose (neighbour not liable) in the footage.