Can someone rate this cameraspecs for me?

Niclas_a

n3wb
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not fluent in Swedish, but given the general nature of the specs and lack of technical specs that I could see, I'd be kind of skeptical of the real performance under low light or IR. The demonstration photos seem to be taken at an arms length from the camera which really doesn't help much at all. Check the WiKi, in the blue title bar, at the top of the page, and read the Cliff Notes in there. It'll help you make a more informed decision.

Niclas_a

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the specifications in english aswell :

I’ve just sold my old analog camerasystem and looking for an IP system now. But its a jungle out there.

This camera above against the Classic dahua 5231 or the new 5442.
Can anyone compare the sensor and optics and make a statement wich one is the best overall camera? In daylight all cameras looks OK, but in night time? Have pretty much light around my yard. I Can do forced colour mode all night.

Hope someone can take their time :)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you going to use the camera for, as much detail as possible..... Day time only, night and day, record the bad guys at a business, pictures of the animals in my back yard.

The 2.9 sensor, not nearly as good as the current low light cameras available from hikvision and Dahua. That camera is expensive.

Camera Sensor size info Sensor Size Chart Generally bigger is better

Look at these cameras.

IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
IPC-T5442TM-AS Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)

Niclas_a

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for quick reply. I'll use them for monitoring my house. primarily for identifying bad guys. one that covers my rather large driveway, one at the front door and one at the back. Daytime is generally no problem, basically all cameras perform well during daytime. it is at night you separate them!

Will read the wiki as you recomended. But then the avtech camera is overpriced due to its performance. Thank you!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cam spec is pretty crap, how much is it?
Looks like 3999,20 kr which if Google converted correctly is around USD $442 or GBP $323.

Looks like it's a 10x zoom (6-60mm) which would probably make it more equivalent to Dahua's Z12 (5-60mm):

Andy's selling the Z12 at USD $242.

@Niclas_a, I'm assuming this is the model that will cover your very long driveway?

IMO, even the image sensors in the 5231/5442 (which look to have better minimum illumination lux values than this camera) can struggle at night to get non-blurry images when something is moving (like a bad guy prowling around your house). Even a little bit of blur on a face can reduce the details and make getting an ID hard. If I were you, I'd really want to see video from this camera outdoors at night before spending that much money on it. Hopefully someone has done a review somewhere you can find.

If you haven't already found this site, play around with IPVM Camera Calculator V3. There's a spot where you can enter an address and it pulls up a Google image of your property, lets you position a camera on the image, then lets gives you a marker you can move around. As you move that around it will show you simulated image quality and PPF from the camera at that location. The recommendation is to have the PPF value be 100+ if you want to ID someone. And with the big zoom camera you're looking at, it will "show you" how narrow the field-of-view will be as you zoom the camera in to increase the PPF. I think how narrow it becomes as it zooms in can be a surprise to some folks.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help.
It seems really overpriced. The search continues!
This model from Dahua should be similar in performance but cost a bit less:
Review-Dahua IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E AI Varifocal Bullet

If you 4x zoom is enough, Dahua has a new model that uses the newer 4MP 1/1.8" image sensor:

Andy sells it here:

Niclas_a

n3wb
Reaction score
So, pretty sure i’m going to buy the new 5442 serie with the new starlight 4mp 1/1.8” sensor.

Also been reading a lot about IPC-HFW8232E-ZE which no longer seems to be sold. it seems to be outstanding at night. why do you stop selling such a camera? has it been replaced with someone else with the same type of sensor?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
So, pretty sure i’m going to buy the new 5442 serie with the new starlight 4mp 1/1.8” sensor.

Also been reading a lot about IPC-HFW8232E-ZE which no longer seems to be sold. it seems to be outstanding at night. why do you stop selling such a camera? has it been replaced with someone else with the same type of sensor?
Funny as I have 3 of the IPC-HFW8232E-ZE cameras. When I bought them they had the 1/1.9" sensor. They are not bad at night and much better than the cameras that they replaced, but the 5442 is better yet. I have already replaced one with the 5442 and in do time I will replace the other 2. I am in no rush as I have other cameras that I want to replace first.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 8232 looks like it was on the first wave of Dahua's Ultra Starlight (low light) series from back in 2016. May have gotten discontinued because its older chipset doesn't have the power of doing the AI stuff that the newer Ultra series can do.

IPC-HFW8232E-ZE :
Varifocal bullet (4.1 - 16.4mm)
2MP 1/1.9" image sensor
Min illum: 0.002 Lux

Per @Parley's comment, the new 5442 series can now get the 8232's 0.002 Lux minimum illumination using a 4MP sensor.
There are two varifocal bullet 5442 models.
IPC-HFW5442E-ZE (2.7 mm-12.0 mm)
IPC-HFW5442E-Z4E (8 mm - 32 mm)

Niclas_a

n3wb
Reaction score
I plan to buy 4pcs of the new 5442 cameras, which nvr is recommended for this? can anyone recommend a model? want a nvr and not a laptop with BI. requirements are poe on all outputs and able to handle 4mp fullhd on all channels.
6 or 8 chanels is desirable if i want to increase the stock in the future:)
How big hdd is required if i want aprox. 5-6 days of recording?

Thanks everbody

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NVR5208-8P-4KS2E contact Andy at empiretech. Pay attention to the NVR input bandwidth.

Storage 6 days = 518400 seconds
h.265 high quality 15 fps 4 cameras = 7.1 MB/sec
3680640 Megabytes = 3.7 TB

contact Andy by email, after the chineses new year.
Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.