Can this Chinese talking dual lens ptz ip cam get new firmware?

KaJe010

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
Last year I bought a no-brand dual lens ptz ip camera, a clone of this one, on the Aliexpress website.
I cannot get this cam to work, first of all because in the initial setup the QR code from the phone is not accepted.
Furthermore, a female voice is shouting instructions to me in Chinese which is not my mother tongue.
In the meantime I scored an identical cam with a nice female voice in English from a different supplier and which I had up and running in no time.
I wondered if there was a possibility to get the faulty cam to function again, for instance through replacement of the firmware.
Has anyone of you experts on this forum ideas or experience how to do this or has other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

KaJe010

n3wb
Reaction score
I actually have done this but had no success. Besides, the store stopped selling this cam .

My identical working cam has these characteristics, derived from the poperties in PixPlus :
Equipment: ANKE camera. (This is odd because the proper name would be ANNKE isn't it?, so counterfeit?)
Firmware: 1.0.2.1
Embedded application: 1.2.27.1231
MAC address: 30:4A:26:94:xx:xx
Serial nr: 1300 1601 2020 1000 xxxxxx
I have blocked the last digits for security reasons.

Could anything be deduced from these data?

My hunch would be to try to get the appropriate firmware from ANNKE or HICO and flash it to my faulty cam. I would have to learn how to flash though, but that is the challenge.