can you recommend an inexpensive PTZ with 2 way audio (indoor is ok) that works good with Blue Iris

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you recommend an inexpensive PTZ with 2 way audio (indoor is ok) that works good with Blue Iris
I have a Ouvis VZ1 and it keeps disconnecting(No Signal) several time a day, I have increased the buffer to 20MB and tried several other settings same result

Thanks

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll guess that's a WiFi camera. First, you can try changing channels on your WiFi. There are too many that default to the same channel and your neighbors WiFi can interfere with yours, and vice versa. The next thing is to use a wired, PoE, camera instead. WiFi is just not reliable enough when it comes to video. Amcrest has a PoE with PTZ and two-way audio for under $100. I don't have one so I can't comment of the quality.

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll guess that's a WiFi camera. First, you can try changing channels on your WiFi. There are too many that default to the same channel and your neighbors WiFi can interfere with yours, and vice versa. The next thing is to use a wired, PoE, camera instead. WiFi is just not reliable enough when it comes to video. Amcrest has a PoE with PTZ and two-way audio for under $100. I don't have one so I can't comment of the quality.
Sorry @awsum140 should have said i have the Ouvis VZ1 connected wired

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you really need a PT camer, most dont....its a gimmic...see the annke (hikvision OEM) cube thread for 50...includes PIR, poe, wifi, 1080p you can watch the entire room with it.
Nice camera for the price but view angle to narrow for what i need it for, need to cover about a 130-140 degree
As always thank you for your advice

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice camera for the price but view angle to narrow for what i need it for, need to cover about a 130-140 degree
As always thank you for your advice
the pt cannot cover that angle either...I doubt you sit there all day controlling it...buy 2 of them, now you have full coverage 24/7..

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you really need a PT camer, most dont....its a gimmic...see the annke (hikvision OEM) cube thread for 50...includes PIR, poe, wifi, 1080p you can watch the entire room with it.
How is that camera for low light? I was looking for some inexpensive cameras for in the house and these look great for the price. Any other cameras you'd suggest?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How is that camera for low light? I was looking for some inexpensive cameras for in the house and these look great for the price. Any other cameras you'd suggest?
its acceptable for indoor use..it wont be starlight quality....but certainly not terrible...looney has posted a good example.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys! I think I'm going to pick up several of these. Now to decide how to connect them up.... Might see how using a few inexpensive POE switches in each room would fare connecting via the bridge ports on the Orbi satellites.